Thursday, May 8, 2014

Let Us Not Forget the Battle We are Really Fighting

“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”

-Ephesians 6:12

I came across this quote recently while writing my final paper for a College English class, in which I chose to research demonic possession. This quote is truly powerful and is a significant reminder to all of us of the true battle we fight every day in our lives. We are all  in the midst of a constant battle. Earth, this place we live, is a constant battleground between the forces of God, and the forces of Satan. Each and every choice we make is a decision that turns us either towards God or away from Him. I have become exceedingly aware of these kinds of battles as I find myself fighting my conscience in difficult decisions that confuse me. But through God, all things are possible. Let us not forget the war we fight, and who we are fighting for. You have to choose who you will stand by. You cannot sit on the fence. Because eventually, that fence will come crashing down, and you with it. Evil surrounds us. Let us not be led astray by its sometimes alluring temptations. 

Many Blessings,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment